Apart from crazy reels, making silly little boomerangs has been one of the trendiest things to do on Instagram for the longest time. There’s something so appealing about these tiny little repeating videos that, users just can’t get enough of them. And well, they don’t have to. Because Instagram too keeps releasing new things that make boomerangs even more interesting. For example, you now have the option to add sound to boomerang. But wait, do you know how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang? If not, read this article to the end!
Table of Contents
Here’s How To Make Music Longer On Instagram Boomerang | Read This To Make Boomerangs More Fun!
Although boomerangs have been here for several years now, Instagram has introduced plenty of new features that have made them even more interesting. However, this also means that there are several things about these tiny little videos that people do not understand. For example, do you know how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang? Or, what songs you can use for an Instagram boomerang? Or even, how to make boomerang longer? I guess, you do not.
But don’t worry, keep reading this article and you’ll find out everything about boomerangs!
How To Make Instagram Boomerang Music Longer?
An Instagram boomerang is a small video that loops itself a couple of times and is usually quite short. This means, neither are boomerangs made for longer music nor is Instagram going to allow you to change this, So, if your video is short, you will not be able to add music longer than that video.
However, you can still learn how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang with the help of some tips and tricks. This trick involves making the length of your boomerang longer. Because the length of the music that you add to a video depends on the length of the video. And that’s why, you need to know how to make boomerang longer.
Here’s How To Make Boomerang Longer:
- Open Instagram
- Tap on the plus icon located at bottom of the screen and select ‘Story’. Alternatively, swipe right from the main home screen to enter the story section.
- When the story section opens, tap on the infinity icon located at the vertical left of the screen.
- You will notice that the round shutter button at the bottom of the screen now has the same colored infinity symbol enclosed in it.
- Tap on it and move your phone a little to make a boomerang.
- Your phone will record for up to 3 seconds, and then you’ll have a tiny little nine-second loop.
- You have options to edit this boomerang as well. Just tap on the infinity symbol at the top right of the screen and select any of the three other options you get. Using them, you will be able to have a slo-mo, duo, and echo. Once you’ve selected something, tap on ‘Done’ located at the top of the screen. Also, please note that adding effects to your boomerang is completely optional.
- You also have the option to add text, some filters, or any stickers that you may want.
- Once you’re happy with the video you’ve made, tap on the three-dot icon located at the top right of the screen, and tap on ‘Save’.
- By doing this, the video will be saved to your gallery.
- Now, tap on the arrow icon located at the top left of the screen.
- A pop-up will appear, choose ‘Discard’ in red from the options given.
- You will be returned to the Story section. Swipe right from the bottom of the screen and choose ‘REEL’.
- Tap on the small gallery icon located at the bottom of the screen, and select the boomerang that you just made.
- Tap on ‘Add’ located at the top right.
- Since the length of the reel is just nine seconds right now, tap on the gallery icon again and select the boomerang that you made.
- Tap on ‘Add’ located at the top right.
- Now, tap on ‘Next’ present to the right of the round button
- On the next screen, you will have the option to Edit your video if you want.
- When that’s done, tap on the download icon present at the top right of the screen.
And, that’s it! Your longer boomerang will be saved to your device!
How To Make Music Longer On Instagram Boomerang
Now that the first part, i.e. making a longer video is out of the way, follow these steps to know how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang:
- Open Instagram
- Swipe right to enter the story section, or tap on the Plus icon located at the bottom of the screen and choose ‘Story’.
- When the story section opens, tap on the square gallery icon located at the bottom right.
- select the video that you just made.
- When the video uploads, tap on the sticker icon located at the top right.
- Select Music from the menu that appears.
- Add the music of your choice. There aren’t any separate/ special songs for Instagram boomerangs. You can select anything you like, or choose from whatever is trending on Instagram.
- You can adjust the music by using the slider located at the bottom of the screen.
- When you’re happy with it, tap on ‘Done’.
And, that’s it! You now have your Instagram boomerang music longer! Tap on ‘Your Story’ at the bottom of the screen to share this boomerang with your friends!
Okay, everyone! This is how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang! Although Instagram has no dedicated feature to make the length of boomerangs longer, there are several in-built features that you can make use of. And, I walked you through all the steps of the trick in this article! So, I hope you found this article helpful! In case know someone who too might want to know how to make music longer on Instagram boomerang, please share this post with them!
Why does Instagram block my video with music?
If Instagram has blocked your video that contained music it could be due to copyright infringement issues. Many musicians and creators do not allow their music to be used without proper credits given. So either the creators or Instagram itself has reported your video has blocked the video due to Copyright reasons. If you want to re-upload the video you must use copyright-free music or give proper credit to the original creator.
Why are some songs not on Instagram music?
You might not be able to access specific songs on Instagram music if it is not available in your region. All songs are not available in every region of the world on Instagram. So you can either use VPN to use the song or look for some other song to add to your story.
Why can’t I find all songs on Instagram?
You might not be able to access all the songs on your Instagram music if you have a business account. Business accounts are not allowed to use copyrighted music in their content. So if you want to access the whole Instagram music library you will have to switch to a personal account.
Which songs are not copyrighted for Instagram?
If you are using music on Instagram stories then all the songs that are available on the Instagram music sticker are free for you to use. However, if you are planning to upload a video then you will have to use copyright-free music. You can also upload videos from live performances and concerts even if it is a copyrighted songs.
Are Instagram sounds royalty-free?
There is a Sound Collection by Instagram which provides more than 9,000 songs to creators and business accounts for use. All the sounds and tracks are completely royalty-free and you can use them without worrying about a copyright infringement issue. These songs are perfect for use on Instagram reels and stories if you are a business account.
Outdated Instagram app – An outdated Instagram app can cause issues with Instagram Music. Make sure you have the latest version of the Instagram app installed on your device. Poor Internet Connectivity – Poor internet connectivity can cause issues with Instagram Music, such as buffering or the inability to play music.Can you add music to a whole Instagram story? ›
Once you create your Story (video, photo, GIF, etc.), you can select from Instagram's music library. To add a track to your Story, click on the Sticker button and then tap on the Music sticker.What is the time limit for Instagram reels 2023? ›
How Long Can Instagram Reels Be? Instagram Reels can be up to 90 seconds in length.How do you add music to a 3 minute video on Instagram? ›
- Open your profile and click on the + icon at the bottom center. ...
- Once your video is ready, tap on the music icon on the right side of your screen.
- Choose from the recommended tracks, pick one from your saved music, or import a new soundtrack from your device to add it to your reel.
Instagram allows you to add music to a photo or video in Stories. When you add music to a photo in Instagram Stories, you can adjust the clip duration from 5 seconds to 15 seconds. If it's a video, there's no option for clip duration adjustment.Can you add music to a 90 second reel? ›
After you have selected a song from the music library, tap the '15' button next to the slider to adjust the length of the audio track. For stories, you can play a song for 5 to 15 seconds. In reels, you can play the song for up to 90 seconds.How do I share my Instagram post to my story 2023? ›
Tap below the photo or video in Feed. Tap Add post/video to your story. Tap Add to Story. Keep in mind that when you share someone's post to your story, anyone who views it can see who originally posted it and can view the original account.Why can't I add music to my Instagram post? ›
If you're struggling to add music to your Instagram posts, it may be because you're running an outdated version of Instagram. Updating the app may fix your problems. To update Instagram: Open the App Store for an iPhone or the Google Play Store for an Android phone.